Report in brief from 2021/22:
- Regular scheduled meetings are well attended by a diverse range of people from various companies and industries with very good participation.
- A spin-off team has been formed called the “New and emerging pests meeting” to address entomological issues not specifically related to resistance.
- Various IRM awareness campaigns have taken place, especially via the members who belong to grower groups and academic institutions.
- A number of IRM guidelines and outreach documents have been developed or updated and further activities are ongoing. These include IRM for fall armyworm, tobacco whitefly and nematodes.
- Fall armyworm resistance studies have been carried out and resistance confirmed to beta-cypermethrin, indoxacarb and methomyl (academic publication in process). There is some ongoing discussions however on the best path forward
- Susceptibility testing on Russian wheat aphid with various registered chemicals (chlorpyrifos, dimethoate, imidacloprid, acetamiprid, thiamethoxam, flupyradifurone) is in progress.
- Resistance issues are being investigated for Tuta absoluta and Thrips