J IRAC is abbreviated name for Japan Insecticide Resistance Action Committee, and the Japanese translation is “殺虫剤抵抗性対策委員会 日本支部”.
The Japan IRAC Group evolved from the local Diamide/Lepidoptera Working Group but has now formed a full IRAC Country Group by broadening their remit to include other pest species and chemistries as well as inviting membership from other companies.
The first meeting of J IRAC in the Japan Crop Protection Association, a CropLife member in Japan, was held on the 23rd October 2019. A new J IRAC Code and the working group organization will be finalized in the next meeting in December.
The members of the Committee are as follows:
- Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Ltd.
- SDS Biotech K.K.
- Kyoyu Agri Co., Ltd.
- Kumiai Chemical Industry Co., Ltd
- Syngenta Japan K.K.
- Sumitomo Chemical Company Ltd
- Dow AgroSciences Japan
- Nissan Chemical Corporation
- Nippon Soda Co., Ltd.
- Nihon Nohyaku Co., Ltd.
- Bayer CropScience K.K.
- BASF Japan Ltd
- Hokko Chemical Industry Co., Ltd
- Mitsui Chemicals Agro., Ltd
- Agro-Kanesho Co., Ltd
- FMC Chemicals K.K.
- Maruwa Biochemical Co., Ltd
The activities of IRAC Japan will include :
- Exchange of information between manufacture, public research institute, national and local authority and IRAC International on the management and counter-measures for insecticide resistance.
- Organising and participating in meetings, symposiums, lectures and seminars
- Distribution of documents (printed and electronic materials etc.) prepared by the Committee to relevant organizations and parties to disseminate and promote Insecticide Resistance Management (IRM). Documents will also be made available on the IRAC website.
- Promotion of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and Integrated Crop Management (ICM) incorporating IRM through the use of crop protection technologies such as physical and biological control) as well as chemical control.