The Lepidoptera WG was formed in 2010 and incorporates the previous Codling Moth and Diamide Working Groups. As with the Sucking Pest and Coleoptera teams, it is recognised that the WG will have a broad remit given the potential range of crops and pests but again, by focussing on specific areas, it is planned to deliver appropriate IRM strategies.
Lepidoptera Team Objectives
- Maintain currency of the global IRM guidelines based on new experiences and new active ingredients
- Re focus support of country IRAC Lepidoptera working groups to reach higher IRM levels
- Hasten company participation and compliance within country Lepidoptera working groups to communicate MoA, implement IRM strategies, and align IRM label language
- Create baseline insect susceptibility data for future data comparisons
- Influence registration/ government authorities
- Educational programs